Facebook are looking to hire an energy access expert.
This is the text from their ad.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Facebook is seeking an energy access expert to drive projects at the nexus of sustainability and internet.org. The ideal candidate will be a rock star program manger with deep technical understanding of the off-grid energy sector and a proven track record of successful, collaborative problem solving. The role will require a strong background in off-grid energy access and experience with the technologies, businesses, markets, and key players in the decentralized energy space. Experience should include on-the-ground program development internationally, ideally in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia and with special focus on the developing world. An exceptional ability to forge partnerships, independently develop and run projects, and communicate with a broad range of stakeholders is critical.
- Develop and lead complex cross-functional projects focused on off-grid/on-grid power system design
- Develop and manage partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders focused on the connectivity + energy access nexus
- Manage multiple aspects of the Energy Access Program, with a focus on technology innovation
- Help shape long-term energy access strategy and vision
- Provide day-to-day project coordination and effectively communicate strategy and priorities to the leadership team
- 5+ years experience in the energy access sector, with additional experience in related fields preferred
- Masters of Science degree in related field strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of off-grid power system technology and trends, including hands-on experience with design, development, and deployment
- Understanding of the energy access ecosystem: key players, business models, primary issues in different geographies, etc.
- Experience leading projects/programs in developing countries
- Strong organizational and project management experience and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
For further details and to apply visit here: Energy Access Technical Programs Lead | Facebook Careers